Our landlord fees and charges
Here is a breakdown of all our charges to give you an idea of what to expect. Charges can vary dependent on the type of property you are letting, but to give you some idea see below for a list of all our standard charges.
Our agent will talk you through our Terms of Business, the services we offer and what your fees will be.
Letting, renewal and receiving rent: 11%* of rent for the whole time your tenant stays in the property. We'll:
- Find a tenant
- Discuss local market conditions
- Advise on preparing your property for letting
- Keep you up to date on compliance and health & safety
- Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
- Arrange and accompany viewings
- Collect and protect the deposit
- Ask tenants to set up rent payments and pass monies on
- Make any necessary HMRC deduction
- Chase late rent payments
- Discuss renewal or termination with you before the end of the tenancy
* Minimum Fee London Region £1800
* Minimum Fee Other Regions £1200
Letting, renewal, receiving rent and management: 16%* of rent for the whole time your tenant stays in the property
- In addition to the letting, renewal and receiving rent services, well:
- Deal with day-to-day management including repairs
- Give utility suppliers meter readings when the tenancy starts and ends
- Hold a set of keys throughout the tenancy
- Hold a working fund and make payments
- Organise the following safety checks: Gas safety record, electrical safety tests, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Visit the property at least once a year
- Provide an emergency out of hours service
- Manage the end of tenancy process and deposit return
* Minimum Fee London Region £3,000
* Minimum Fee Other Regions £2,400Short Lets (three months or less): Letting, renewal and receiving rent: 24% of rent
Letting, renewal, receiving rent and management: 30% of rent
Fees for the whole time your tenant stays in the property: 6%
* Minimum Fee £1800
Vacant management (before you let or between tenancies)
|This depends on what you need: a minimum of £120 per month|
Pre-letting service (visual check)
|£600 plus travel expenses|
Sale of property (including
Extra optional and non-optional
Fee inc. VAT
|Tenancy paperwork (landlords share)||£246|
|Right to rent checks||
£30 initial per person
|Head lease from Land Registry||£4.80|
|Deposit registration||£48 per year|
|Transferring deposit to landlord during tenancy||£120|
|Change of ownership set up||£120 per property to a maximum charge of £600|
|Helping with deposit adjudication||£120 per hour|
|Additional HMO or selective licensing application handling||£300|
|Additional HMO or selective licensing annual holding||£120|
|Making an inventory and 'check-in'
e.g. three-bed unfurnished
|£180, to a maximum of
£1140 (larger properties
may incur additional
(included with management service)
|£60 per appointment|
|HMO visits and/or any additional property visits||£120 per visit|
|Quarterly return to HMRC||£120 quarterly|
|Copy statements||£30 per copy|
|Arranging works or refurbishment over £1000||14.4% of net cost|
|Meeting third parties for insurance claims||£120 per hour|
|Tenancy renewal paperwork (landlords share)||£120|
|Cancelling a let before the tenant moves in||£350 plus out
of pocket costs
|Service of notices:|
|Serve Section 13 Notice||£50|
|Serve Section 21 Notice (included with
|Attending court||£120 per hour|
|Attending court (Director)||£240 per hour|
|Interest on unpaid commission or other monies||4% above the base rate
of Barclays Bank PLC
|Making a payment outside the UK||£30|
Making a same day payment in the UK
The Maybria Group is part of a property redress scheme provided by Ombudsman Services.
Their service has been approved by Powys County Council as an estate agent redress scheme. Their work meets the requirements of the Consumers, Estate Agents and Redress Act, 2007. This means that domestic customers of estate agents have the right to take certain complaints to the ombudsman if the firm or company fails to resolve the problem. They are also appointed by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA) to handle complaints about their members.
Property customers are not charged for using this service.
Their job is to investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. They will decide what action, if any, should be taken when you and a property company can't agree.
The Maybria group is not currently part of any Client Money protection insurance scheme, however does hold a dedicated client account with our bank, to help safeguard our clients money whilst in our possession.
VIP Email Alerts:
be part of our exclusive email alerts, sending you our finest properties first, including ones that will never be seen on the market.
Market Appraisal Request
How much is your property worth?